Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Wedding

Today is the first day since the wedding that I've felt I'm back to normal.  The wedding was wonderful. I couldn't get to sleep the night before but I was up at 8, in the bath and packing.  I had bags and bags of food and clothes and makeup although I still managed to leave all my eye makeup behind.  I got to the hotel at 11.15am and went to have my hair made beautiful and sip champagne with the bride, m-o-b, bridesmaids, photographer, hairdresser and make up artist. Quite an entourage.  I checked into my room and ate lunch and started tarting around until my sister turned up and helped me focus.  She had to get ready and practise her songs with my brother outlaw playing guitar.  My aunt and cousin surprised me in my room but fortuantely I was nearly ready.  I even had time to paint my nails and use my nail stickers.

 Here I am with pretty hair and a pretty dress and heavy earrings:

I was sort of in charge of my brother's children and we all read a poem each.  The hotel was great and the registrar lovely and the service beautiful and although I didn't cry at the time I did when I went through the photos and videos. Such a great wedding. We ate and I missed most of the speeches as I was fussing over the nephews.  I enjoyed chatting and gossiping with my aunts.  One of my aunts almost didn't make it but then she arrived looking lovely and danced with me for ages even though she wasn't well. My camera battery ran out pretty early on but here is one of the family another aunty took. Aren't we a good looking bunch!

The day flew by and suddenly it was the final dance.  My mum and dad made it onto the dance floor and we had a family group hug which was unexpected but lovely.  It struck me that it was so different and far better than my own wedding in so many ways.  After much persuasion, the nephews and I had lights out at 1.45am!!!!  Suddenly it was the morning after and I'd had less than 6 hours of sleep. The people who'd stayed in the hotel had breakfast together, in various states of Why am I up so early.

A highlight of the morning was streetpassing my nephews on their new consoles.  Eventually though, we all departed, seperately, in the cold and rain. I spent most of Saturday was eating leftover snacks (I had to feed the nephews every few hours to keep them happy) and finishing off series one of the killing (US version). I still don't know who killed the poor girl and am beginning to suspect I never will.Sunday was a write off too and I was pretty weepy still on Monday, and worrying that I looked like a fat vampire in the photos, and tired on Tuesday and Wednesday but today I feel normal! At last!

The blanket was finished but big sister (shown below) didn't finish the counterpart so we decided to wait until after the honeymoon to present the presents.  I think this was a good idea as the wedding day was so busy there wouldn't have been enough time for appropriate levels of adoration and gratitude.

So there it was. I'm really looking forward to seeing my brother and new sister-in-law when the get back from their honeymoon.   Now that the wedding is over, I feel a bit bereft so I'm going to suggest my SIL learns to knit to tackle her post wedding blues. I'm cheering myself up with knitting and planning the trip to Japan in November down to the finest detail.  I currently have about 3 days too many of activities so the itinerary needs to slim down. I'll see big sister at the weekend to discuss whether she can skip all the places I've been to before.

In other news, I knitted a pair of baby socks, probably for PWW.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home