Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Noblin Design - Embossed Leaf Baby Socks and Mittens





This set was designed for Jeni using her sock yarn in the Wild Foxglove colourway. I met her at the Knitting and Stitching Show 2005 at Alexandra Palace. I had already purchased one skank of her yarn and read on her blog that she was interested in patterns. I wanted to continue the nature theme within the pattern.

Here is more detail of the leaf. Some comments I have had are that the design would show up better in a solid colour. Have you ever shown someone a glaring error in your work and then had them simply reply, I can't see it. Well, this is that coming back to bite me.




I plan to make up another set in this pattern, using plain yarn, but for the record, if you tilt your head and squint a bit, the leaf is clear as day.

This pattern was sold to Stitchlinks for use as a kit.

ETA: Here is the pattern for sale in the shop.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the photo of the gloves sticking out the boots!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Very cute set. Great yarn!

I was going to go to Olympia, but because of the whole pregnancy with me I don't think I'll be able to hack the being on my feet all day. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss it. :( Let me know how it goes though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home