Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Red hat attempt number 3

So here is a hat I have been working on for at least a week. Yes you are right, it is a mass of wool and two sets of needles and 74 cast on stitches. There is no knitting. That is not to say I haven't knitted - I have made this hat three inches long twice, once with 104 sts and once with 88. Both times it was far too massive for a 4 year old and I was in danger of ending up with half a hat and no more yarn. So I ripped it again.

It is interesting how my brain has been struggling to function over the last few weeks. When I sat down to knit this hat, I thought I had very few options on what to knit it with. Fortunately, this third start has reminded me that I have OPTIONS. I bought them at Ally Pally from Jeni and told you about them here. So a couple of doh! moments were worth it so I don't have to magic loop.

Details: Debbi Bliss Rialto, 5mm needles, 52cm head, cast on 74 sts and rib for a while and see what happens.

Edited to note: The damn knitpicks needle is longer than the addi turbo. Curses. Now will have to either battle around magic loop or two circs at once when all I really want are dpns.
Edited to note #2:Sweet Lord, the separation seems to have addled my brain more than I thought. 6mm needles, 6mm needles. Glad I checked. Anyone want to take bets that this one ends up too small?

*goes to have a quick drink and a lie down in a cool dark room*

Since passing my driving test, I've moved house and had another pattern published and seen a solicitor and finished my mum's socks and cast on some socks for me and am in the process of becoming an auntie for the fifth time and am living alone for the first time in years but am plodding along and know it will all come good eventually. Perhaps life is like a red hat?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Brilliant analysis, when it comes to life as the red hat! You'll get it done and in the meantime, look at what you've already accomplished.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooo with you, life is exactly like a red hat, you'll get there, taking roads you couldn't even have foreseen they existed. Hugs A xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home