Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Casting on

I've finished knitting the edging for the beret and now it is time to perform a little magic. I've picked up the stitches on the provisional cast on on a smaller needle. 
Then, I started undoing the crochet chain that is part of the cast on edge.
I'm using two fuzzy yarns so it wasn't a case of just pulling the end and watching it all unravel.  I had to ease some of the chains apart.

I was surprised at how much "scrap" yarn I needed.
Quite a bundle.
Next, I'll fold the brim over and knit the two sets of stitches together, forming a neat and snug edge.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home