Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mallard Socks

I have been having a sucky week but hey, snow.

IMG_4771

Fortunately I have mallard socks to take my mind off things.  I was so excited on Wednesday night that I could start them and swatched in front of Hairspray (love it, love it) but then had a panic.  The yarn is so beautiful - I don't want to ruin it!  I was away for the weekend and decided I couldn't take the socks with me because I didn't like the swatch so I'd need to take my pattern book and note book with me and I only had ten more minutes to pack and the bag was really heavy etc etc. And I was stressy from work.  So, I took some other knitting that I will show you later and let my little brain think a bit more about what I want.

Swatch

This is the swatch. I just don't like the colour and pattern combination. I'm not sure why but it speaks to me of the 60's I think. I don't dislike the 60's though.  I've offered to make purple socks for Chris with it.

Reject swatch

Absolutely yummy yarn though. Blue faced leicester. Which reminds me - I need to research sock reinforcement thread.

I've had a plan for a while to knit a sock in reverse stocking stitch because I like the pattern on the inside of stripey socks as much as the pattern on the outside. Noone I know, however, likes to knit endless purl (rather, to purl endlessly), so I'm making them inside out! Not sure what the plan is for the heel but I'll tell you when I get there.

 

Inside out

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I've never knitted with BFF before. That seems exciting! And though you don't realy fancy the colors, I absolutely adore them. How 'bout you send those socks over my way? Nah, just kidding! Love the pattern though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home