Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

My knitting

A little while ago, I managed to complete two patterns I'd been longing to knit ever since I first saw them. I planned to knit them both for my aunt but I've kept them. Odessa is too small for my aunt and Clapotis just hasn't left my care yet.



I used Rowan Calmer for Odessa as I had some leftover from a previous project. The beads came from GJ but be warned - there is a minimum order plus p&p so you might end up purchasing a few more beads than you expected. I used square ones which I can't feel on my head but more sensitive scalps or hairless ones might be irritated.



Clapotis is the pattern that pulled me into sock knitting, albeit in a roundabout way. The pattern calls for Lorna's Laces, Lion and Lamb but at the time, the only LL yarn I could find in the UK was sock yarn. For Clapotis, I used Hipknits silk. I'm not sure what to say about it as I was disappointed with the colours and the amount of colour variation and poor dye uptake. I haven't heard other people complain about it so wonder if I had a bad batch. The silk itself is lovely and soft. I found the stitch dropping process did seem to cause some dragging and pilling of the yarn but I've had lots of complements for it. I'm still debating whether to keep it or not as I didn't choose the colours for myself.




I'm going to Alexandra Palace on the Friday - is anyone else going that day?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

You look as though you're up to something, Abi!

Odessa is adorable and I find your Clapotis quite lively. Is it not for you?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger NoblinPa said...

Can't give you any compliments for your spelling though:)

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to read you were disappointed in the colors for the Clapotis - but really, it looks wonderful! You did a beautiful job with the piece :)

You should keep it - it looks great on you :)

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Erssie said...

Have had problems with similar silk, starting out Jade and turning into turqoise Aqua after one small cool dip in the water! As you know....you knitted it!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Erssie said...

I'm going to Ally Pally on 14 October, but if you have your ticket already, I could change perhaps (am going to be working as a volunteer on BHKC Knit and Relax

 

Post a Comment

<< Home