Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Blanket Squares



My mum and sister have sent me their completed squares for Aunty's blanket. My sister (green) has finished her three so my mum (pink) thinks that she should do some more to help her but I'm happy for her to work on my socks so that they'll be ready for Christmas.





My mum has sent me three squares. Two are the same but now I realise that by only showing you photos of two of them I am opening myself up to some upset Noblinmama-ness. hmmmm...



It's really interesting finding out more about how my mum and sister work. Both have ripped and reknitted squares which they weren't happy with, my sister several times. I think she has inherited some of my dad's* perfectionism.





I think all of the squares are wonderful and am very pleased with how all this is working out. We have set a deadline for my Aunty's birthday so I hope to have all squares knitted by the end of August and then I will have a week for blocking and seaming.

I'm going away again so see you later!

*That's both the parents mentioned - phew.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I think all the squares, whether shown or not, are quite lovely and of interesting textures. Can't wait to see the finished blanket, Noblins!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger noblinmama said...

You forgot to say noblinmama has equivalent of 27 squares to make as opposed to 3 from big sister!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger noblinmama said...

Sorry, that was meant to say 14 squares - not 27!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the squares they are so pretty. It's going to be a great blanket. The flower is especially nice.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger NikolaAnne said...

Abi,

Hi there, can you e-mail me please?
nikolaanne AT Purplekitchen.org.uk

thanks!
Nikki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home