Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Socks again

I've put the Blossom socks on hold for now as they were proving too involved for relaxed knitting. So a few weekends ago, whilst watching a film with my sister, I cast on for some new socks.



I'm using Brooklyn Handspun Sock Yarn that I bought from Socktopus at Ally Pally last year. It is very beautiful and I love the colours and the softness. I've combined it with 2.75mm needles (completely enormous for me as I usually prefer 2.25mm needles for socks) so it is superfast. I'm using a ribbed cable pattern to give it extra elasticity and snug fitness.



I decided on a heel flap for the heel even though it makes the colour pattern start flashing. I put in some travelling stitches for a bit more interest on the heel and I'm really rather pleased with it.



Look, I'm nearly finished. However, it does occur to me that wool socks are now a little too warm in my trainers. My sock yarn stash is predominately wool so I sneaked off to Getknitted and purchased some Opal Cotton blend sock wool. It pays to be prepared after all.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Look what you've done on that heel! I, too, like the look of traveling stitches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home