Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

FO: Rick socks


Pattern: Rick from Sock Innovation, Cookie a
Yarn: Opal Cotton
Needles: 2.75mm
Time taken: About 2 weeks

This pattern is actually deceptively simple. There is patterning on every row but the leg section is easily memorised. I needed to consult the chart for the foot more frequently for the edge stitches but overall it was a relaxing knit. I definitely recommend it for someone who wants to progress from a stocking stitch sock.

I made my usual mistake of worrying I would run out of yarn so the leg is very short. I could probably have added a few more inches. I also made it too wide and then too short to try to compensate so the socks aren't the best fit I've ever had. I will definitely consider knitting this pattern again, and taking more time to get the fit right. I rushed to be part of the knitalong on Ravelry for July. I think I'll join in this month's aswell which won't be such a rush.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Deceptively simple? They do look awfully complicated and they've been brilliantly executed.

Best of luck with your quilting project. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home