Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Needle karma

Those Brittany needles and I just did not get along.

Two broken needles

Either I trod on the sock and broke it or the crash this morning as husband was putting the kettle on broke them. Leaving knitting on the floor is not only naughty it is reckless and the result is that I have to put my socks on hold.

New sock 1

They are very beautiful.

New sock 2

New sock 3

I'm going to order a new pack of 2.25mm needles. I found the Brittany ones too blunt and sticky so I might treat myself to some hyper expensive Lantern Moon sox stix. I have two sets already (blonde 2mm and ebony 2.75mm) and a set of dpns (rosewood 4.25mm) so I'm already au fait with spending oodles of cash on toothpicks. While I'm at it, I might by some 3.25mm ones aswell. Makes sense really, not to pay p&p twice.

So, I have three 2.25mm birch dpns going spare. Let me know if you could make use of all or any of them and I'll send them over. How's that for needle karma?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Dare I mention it? You might consider metal dpns (nickel, aluminium, steel or brass) to eliminate stickiness and breakage.

It's a shame too because those socks really are beauties. God speed,little toothpicks :o)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Besides their stickiness, wood needles are always in danger of breaking. But they are so much prettier than metal or plastic needles. Love the colors in the sock, BTW. My kind of sox!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new LM treaty toothpicks are going in today's post, along with my very best dose of needle karma. I well know the pain of snapping those little buggers!

Take note, though, that Brittany and Lantern Moon both guarantee their needles so you can get replacements. Apply directly, or through whoever sold them to you, or simply to me.

And those socks look lush. Am looking forward to seeing the full version!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Erssie said...

Sadly, sock needles just do not travel well and if below 3mm, I have lost many a Brittany needle.

I have solved the problem though, by getting the Knitpicks set of laminated wood needle from Get Knitted which are much stronger.

Better than that though, I have swapped to using either one long circular, or 2 circulars and if not doing colour work they are SO much easier to use and travel so well.

No more loosing me dpns down the side of the car seat. No more snapping of needles inside handbags as I rush to get off my stop.

Very little hunting down to find 5 needles, now only need one or two.

I thoroughly recommend it. You hate it for about a day or so, then nothing is more natural.

However, I do have about 5 pairs of socks on the go at the moment (I get bored easily and keep designing new ones on paper) and I have one of those knit picks bags with all the needles I shall ever need, but ones missing in the project bags have been written down on an inventory! the only way to keep track and not buy new needles cos the old are missing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home