Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympic weekend

Wow to the opening ceremony! I watched it mostly open mouthed alternating between saying wow and amazing.

I went to my sister's to enjoy a pre-ceremony barbecue party, including union jack garden decorations and didn't go to bed until 2am.  There was a moment when we were all tired and it seemed that the torch would never be lit but when we heard it would only be another 15 minutes until team GB arrived we decided to stick it out.  I wasn't pleased with the incredibly boring speeches and Macca wasn't up to much but it was worth it for the torch bearers and the wonderful torch itself.

I didn't get up very early but I was glued to the tv in the morning, watching rowing, shooting, judo and so much more.  Then, I decided to see my younger sister to watch the women's football although not before visiting my aunty, to help walk the dogs and present Percy#3.

I needn't have worried about it. It went down very well. :)  I missed most of the tennis and football but there was still so much to watch, including beach volleyball which had a party atmosphere to it.  I then was glued to the basketball until gone midnight, whichw as so exciting, even if we didn't win.




On Sunday, I went back to my older sister's house for more knitting and olympics but we also went swimming ourselves.  I probably shouldn't spend the whole of the next two weeks on the sofa after all.  I missed the women's gymnastics but saw more volleyball and Rebecca Adlington win her medal. I have watched so much sport it feels like the olympics has been running for several weeks already. Today I had to go to work but kept an eye on the equestrian, tennis and diving and then caught up on gymnastics at home.  It was so tense I forgot to make any dinner so had to pause the swimming but gave up after that as none of team GB or Ryan Lochte won medals. 

I don't know how I'm going to keep this up, there's so much to see!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home