Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

FO Holiday socks

Here is my second pair of socks from Berlin. They're impregnated with aloe and jojoba oil so after a few wears I should feel like I've had a fish pedicure. Or something. I've been put off some magic patterning sock yarns before as I don't like the fake fairisle so when I saw how this knits up into stripes, I found it hard to choose only one colour.  In fact, I wish I'd bought one in every colour.  Happily, the friends I visited in Berlin sent me some more for my birthday!
The wedding on Saturday was brilliant fun.  The groom was a friend from uni so it was something of a uni reunion (some people there I hadn't seen for oooh a year) and everyone was on great form.  It was the first Humanist wedding I'd been to and if they're all as good as this one, I thoroughly approve.  It made the couple and their family the focus of the day and there were still rings, speeches and a massive cake, so what's not to like.
After the speeches, the son of the couple asked us all to stand and sing twinkle twinkle little star. After a pause, we all did as we were told. Perhaps this should be adopted for all weddings in future.The venue and food were great, everyone looked beautiful and we danced for several hours, squeezing in time for bacon rolls before heading home. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home