Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Natural Dye Studio Great British Wool Club

These are my July and August instalments from the GBWC.

I was a bit concerned about the July instalment. It is undyed wensleydale plied with BFL. I was expecting something dyed and I didn't like the barberpole effect.  It also reeked of sheep and I didn't like it.  I'm happy to say the smell has faded and the colour has grown on me so much, I'm looking forward to using it.  Go figure.

The August instalment was much more immediately my cup of tea. A blend of wensleydale and dorset poll and dyed a lovely shade somewhere between petrol blue and navy.
All the yarns in GBWC are spun to the same specs so they can be used together on larger garments.  I'm going to wait to see what September brings before I make any decisions on these, and whether I want to sign up to the next three months...which I mostly do want to.

Here is the Sirene I bought earlier.  I briefly thought I could use them all together as I liked the colours together but the Sirene is much finer, and I want to make a Rock island with it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home