Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Friday, July 07, 2006

I went to the shops and I bought...

Raspberry Alpaca Silk
Alpaca

South West Trading Company BambooBamboo

Cotton Rope Cotton and Cashmere

Sirdar Cotton in Denim and Cotton Cashmere Denim

I had some fun with the Yarnsmith bulk buying summer sale. I could have had far more fun if it hadn't been so hot and I wasn't going travelling very soon. I was very tempted by some beautiful Noro but it was very much a winter yarn and all I could think of was heat. And besides, it didn't begin with "E".

The alpaca silk is for my mum - it's her birthday tomorrow. A friend of mine is designing a beautiful shrug in alpaca silk which I think she would like to make. It was due for publication this month but a delay won't matter too much as my mum has some other things on the go. The cotton rope is for me. I was thinking of making a Picovoli but now I'm erring towards a Clapotis. I just bought a dress for a wedding which is blue and green and they might look nice together. I bought the bamboo because I don't think 4 balls of cotton rope is enough for a Picovoli as the yardage isn't great. The bamboo is a completely different gauge and I'm not even sure the colours go together so that might turn into something else. Perhaps for my neice (couldn't you guess?). The 4 balls of cotton cashmere and 5 balls of denim cotton were bought by my mother to make things for my nephew. The cotton cashmere might end up being a gift for my sister but my mum is pretty much converted to constantly knitting and also building up a stash. I can't imagine where she gets such ideas from!

Tomorrow I'm going to a wedding (it's my third this year) in Devon. We're taking the train and I'm seriously wondering, can I knock out a shawl on the way there? I'm feeling a bit ambivalent towards the dress I bought. I have a pretty dress at home which no longer fits, and a dress I don't like which does fit, so I thought I'd buy myself a red halterneck dress. I ended up with a blue/green boatneck dress with flappy bits. I look a bit like an extra from A Midsummer Night's Dream. I also bought shoes which I didn't like much at the time but now I really like. I'll show you some pictures when I get back and you can tell me what you think.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hope that you had a good time at the wedding.

All those yarns are lovely and so summery. I can't wait to see what you decide to make with them.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So when are you coming to Stash? Would love to meet you after your comments. I'm off Saturday for two weeks, but Nathalie will be needing some company. Bring a project and hang out!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get the Alpaca silk on sale too?? Arghhh why do others get all the bargains???!

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home