Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Knitting in Japan

Himeji Castle


Alpaca yarn







Before I left, I made the effort to research yarn stores in Tokyo. I was so super excited about Japan and so very under utilised in the office, that I had plenty of time and enthusiasm but not enough Japanese. Fortunately, I found Pinku's list, which was then updated by the SnB group. As it turned out, we found yarn serendipitously in Kyoto and prioritised other shops for Tokyo.




I finished some fingerless gloves for myself (um, where's the picture?) and proudly wore the mohair jumper that my friend Emily sent me as a kit for my birthday 2 years ago that I finally finished in the Philippines.




Mohair jumper

Hey, that's me sideways! Well, okay that's it for today but let me just say it is so nice to catch up with you all, it's knocked me sideways.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The jumper looks great. Japanese yarn shops must be great. They seem to have some really good patterns.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Yarn shopping in Japan, or even just shopping in Japan... great fun/

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Stevie said...

Time to start the blog up again....or have you moved?
Did you pst enough yarn back to fill a shop for a year?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home