Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

FO: Xmas 2009 Jasmine socks

Yarn: Unicorn in Pink and Blue from The Natural Dye Studio
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
Pattern: Cast on 60 sts. Work k2 p2 rib for several rounds. Knit until desired length. Work short row heel. Knit until instep is desired length less heel length. Work short row toe. Cast off using three needle zigzag technique.





These socks are completely gorgeous. I thought about doing something more complicated but stocking stitch really shows off the lovely colours. I've called it Pink and Blue but there are several shades of pink and blue and purple and almost white. I haven't weighed these yet to see how much was used but I think I've enough left for a pair of footsies for me.


These are beautiful socks but I did want to add some decorative finishing to make them a little less ordinary. The zigzag bind off suits a short-row toe really well and has the double bonus of not having to graft the toe. It's a variation on a three needle bind off where here you alternate between knitting one stitch from the front needle and purling one stitch from the back needle.


When working the short rows, I decided to make the seams more noticeable. To do this I used k3tog tbl and p3tog when working the wraps. If you use k3tog and p3tog tbl the seams are less visable but I think this way is pretty.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home