Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Bling for my booties

On the needles
As you may know, I go to Angelknits , a knitting group every Tuesday from 6pm in the Angel area of London. I started this group 18 months ago and it has grown into a lovely group of very talented and wonderful people. I'll admit it's mostly women (if you don't count the bar staff it's all women) but the age range is broad and they are the most interesting people I've ever met. I always feel worn out after work and schlepping up to the pub never ranks that highly on my list but I've never had a bad night with them and I'm always glad I've been.

I try to keep an Angelknits blog as well and I always used to email everyone twice a week. The email list got quite long though, and I had to work a bit harder in the office so I stopped paying so much attention. The great thing is, Angelknits now runs itself really. I'll be so sorry to leave it when I go travelling and will miss it terribly when I return but not to London. I will have a few reminders though, not least these:
Stitch markers
Mini Dice
Mini Dice
which wonderful Annarella gave to me on Tuesday. Gratis! She's discontinuing them and knew I liked the dice (I bought some larger ones a few months ago). I finally figured out how to use them usefully on booties and that it was a benefit that they slow my knitting down a little. Using them on dpns isn't great if you insist on putting them on the end of a needle (lots of falling of) but back and forth they are working very well.

SWSU: (Secret Wedding Shawl Update)

Row 480

Both halves of the shawl have been knitted and cast off. Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah, hoooooooorah. Chris was falling more out of love with Nashville as his back became more sore but I am so in looooooooove. Next challenge, though, is to block the hell out of this super curly mess to make two beautiful soft rectangles ready to seam. Hmmmm. I don't want wet alpaca sitting round the house for days but I prefer to soak and smush. I'm tempted to try steaming but I do tend to burn myself really easily. Hmmmm. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm porbably way behind here. But where are you going travelling?
j xx

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger noblinknits said...

Hello Anonymous! I am travelling all over and am so excited about it. I'll do some proper blogs about it when we start buying tickets and things but the plan is Switzerland, India (Delhi, Taj Mahal), Nepal (KTM, Everest), Thailand, Laos, (Philippines possible), Japan, New Zealand, (Samoa possible), USA (A OK).

Phew! Just typing it makes me all giggly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home