Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Star of the day











This is the pattern from I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can. It's a free pattern, written well and I really enjoyed it. I used 4mm dpns and the cotton/acrylic from Berlin. The lace/flower pattern is great but I particularly love the applied I-Cord bind off and plan to try to use it if I make a jumper for a whole set. I didn't make any modifications to the pattern apart from some very minor tinkering. I added a stripe of a contrast colour towards the middle of the sides sections. I half grafted the last three stitches instead of binding them off and then seaming. I used 5.5mm needle to bind off to prevent tightness. I hope the new baby likes it, but more to the point, I don't think the parents can complain.

This is a picture of my study desk last weekend as I was binding off. The star hat really helped me study and I've cast on for some matching shoes. Hooray for a return to knitting!

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat looks great! I really like that pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home