Noblin activity of the knitting variety.

Including Noblin Designs, How to identify Noblins,
Advice on how to catch a Noblin, and How to keep your Noblin happy.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Knitting and Stitching show

And a crochet class!

 I came back with a bag of swag, and a rather lovely complimentary bag it was too.

 As you can see, I was much more restrained than in 2008, and I was very pleased with myself for not revisiting the cash machine. I bought from all new to me shops and enjoyed a crochet class, which turns out wasn't as new to me as I thought.

 These balls of brightness are from New Zealand.  I'm told they retail at £9 per 50g which was too steep for me this time, but these ones were in the seconds bag for only £3.50 each.  I can't resist a bargain but for some reason rejected the orange ball.  I think it was because Liz and Autumn had been teasing me about yellow and orange earlier. I do like orange.


 Silk from Thailand.  I don't think I've seen yarn from Thailand before, so I got sucked into a conversation with some lovely people and bought 25g of silk. I didn't get much change from a tenner but I'm hoping to crochet a tiny hippo so I'm sure it's worth it ;)

I have very little room for more yarn, but as Autumn is an experienced quilter, I was allowed to spend plenty of time looking at fabric.  Being a fan of most things Japanese, I couldn't resist these lovely fabric squares from Euro Japan Links.

 
Japan were well represented this year, and while I couldn't afford a whole set, I bought a single crochet hook from Tulip and received a brochure and bag.

I saw the hippo tape measure almost as soon as I walked in and bought it there and then.  It was available from several stands for similar prices.  And I don't remember where the zip was from either, although Liz may have bought some fabric there too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home